Whole-wheat salmon pasta. This salmon and whole-wheat pasta salad is tossed with a dill-yogurt dressing and colorful vegetables. It is quick, simple, and sure to please the whole family. This is a great pasta salad for spring and summer when the weather is great and you don't want to spend it in the kitchen.
If you guys like the videos please LIKE, SUBSCRIBE. Canned salmon is nutritious, affordable, and convenient. Mediterranean Whole Wheat Pasta Salad with a Preserved Lemon, Caper and Thyme Dressingspaulyseasonalservings. You can have Whole-wheat salmon pasta using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whole-wheat salmon pasta
- It’s 250 grams of whole wheat tagliatelle.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 20 grams of butter.
- It’s 50 ml of dry white wine.
- It’s 50 grams of sour cream.
- It’s 80 grams of smoked salmon.
- You need 1 of the juice of half a lime.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh chopped dill.
This is a whole wheat penne pasta tossed with fresh salmon, peas, shallots, a light cream sauce and Parmesan cheese. I'm cutting down on sugar, eating more fruits and vegetables, and subbing healthy grains like quinoa for white rice. As far as I'm concerned, those are some positive, healthy changes. Whole wheat pasta will be a bit more toothsome than regular flour pasta, so while it may seem undercooked, it might actually be just right.
Whole-wheat salmon pasta step by step
- Cook the onion in the butter for about 3 minutes, then add the chopped garlic (the garlic needs less time to be cooked and it burns faster). Cook together for about 5-7 minutes(moderate heat).
- While cooking the onion and garlic boil the water for the pasta. Add a tablespoon of salt into the water, and when it starts boiling add the pasta( the cooking time should be specified on the package).
- I added the wine on the onion/garlic and cooked them for 5-8 more minutes. I put 3 tbs of the water the pasta boiled in on the onion. Added the sour cream, sprinkled with the dill-cooked for 2,3 minutes..
- At the end flake the salmon, add the lime juice and cook 2-3 more minutes..
- It would be even tastier with some parmesan sprinkled on top..
Follow the package directions for best results. The pasta will soak up the dressing the longer it sits, especially if refrigerated, thanks to the gluten thickening up. Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly! Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Lemon, Basil, and Salmon. This smoked salmon pasta has lots of bright lemon flavor that lightens the whole-wheat pasta.