Lavender Almond Blueberry Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling.
You can have Lavender Almond Blueberry Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling using 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lavender Almond Blueberry Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling
- It’s 2 cup of fresh blueberries.
- It’s of Wet Ingredients.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of each of lemon juice & lemon zest.
- It’s 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 2 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s of Dry Ingredients.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lavender flowers, coarsely crushed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of freshly grated nutmeg.
- You need 3 tbsp of slivered almonds.
- It’s of Cream Cheese Filling.
- You need 8 oz of softened cream cheese.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 2 tsp of turbanado sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of lavender flowers.
Lavender Almond Blueberry Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line 2 muffin pans with parchment paper muffin cups or regular muffin liners..
- Cream all wet ingredients with brown and white sugar..
- In a seperate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Fold in lavender flowers and almonds..
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients being careful not to over mix. Carefully fold in blueberries..
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Set aside..
- In a medium bowl, cream the cream cheese, egg, almond extract and sugar..
- Make a small indention with a spoon or your finger and add 1 tsp of cream cheese filling to each muffin center. Top with a sprinkle of turbanado sugar and a few lavender flowers each muffin top..
- Bake for 15-18 minutes and tops start to slightly brown around the edges..