Overnight Oats. Overnight oats are a quick and easy breakfast or snack made by soaking rolled oats in liquid overnight. We love how overnight oats seem to keep the integrity of the oat intact. Watch how to make the best overnight oats in this short recipe video!
Learn how to make this basic overnight oats recipe, plus five delicious mix-in flavor recipes! Overnight oats are the easy, healthy breakfast you'll always feel good about eating. They're high in protein and fiber — which will keep you full throughout the morning — and they're perfect for taking on. You can have Overnight Oats using 7 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Overnight Oats
- You need 1/4 cup of uncooked old fashioned rolled oats.
- You need 1/3 cup of unsweetened almond, cashew, oat or skim milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fat free plain Greek yogurt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of chia seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of fruit preserves, jam, jelly or maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of frozen or fresh fruit, chopped into bite sized pieces (or enough to fill the jar.
This overnight oats recipe is a great healthy breakfast that you can prepare in advance and it can last all week. So it makes it a great meal prep idea for Sunday night to prepare for the work week. Overnight oats are delicious, so easy to make and perfect for meal prep. Yogurt – Yogurt gives overnight oats an extra creamy texture while adding a bit of protein.
Overnight Oats step by step
- Add all ingredients except for the fruit to an 8 oz mason jar. Add lid and shake to combine. Remove lid and add fruit. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours..
Overnight oats are raw oats mixed with milk and soaked overnight. The most easy way to make overnight oats is in individual jars. Glass Mason jars with metal or plastic lid are the most common. Discover overnight oats—a fun and delicious way to enjoy Quaker® Oats! Either add fruit, yogurt, nuts or other tasty ingredients with your favorite milk and oats in a mason jar or find our Overnight Oat.