Chicken Fried Tomatillos w/ Smoked Cumin Dip. Refrigerate dip until ready to serve. In a shallow small bowl, beat eggs. In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat canola oil.
Serve immediately with reserved creamy cumin dip. Fried tomatillos are delightfully akin to fried green tomatoes—but with that lovely lemony kick that make tomatillos so delicious, plus with a bit more "crunch" to them even after a Use large tomatillos for this dish, otherwise, you'll have slices so small that you'll end up with more "fried" than "tomatillo." Follow us. Grilled Cumin Chicken with Fresh Tomatillo Sauce. You can have Chicken Fried Tomatillos w/ Smoked Cumin Dip using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Fried Tomatillos w/ Smoked Cumin Dip
- Prepare 4 of small tomatillos; sliced thin horizontally.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 T of milk.
- You need 1.5 C of panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1/2 C of mayonnaise.
- It’s 3/4 t of smoked cumin.
- You need 1 t of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 t of ground white pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 of lime; juiced.
- It’s 1/4 C of sour cream.
- It’s as needed of vegetable oil.
Discard husks and stems from tomatillos. This is the best chicken wings recipe. Delicious smokey flavor with a crisp skin. I also show you how to make a awesome blue cheese dip and sauce I love for.
Chicken Fried Tomatillos w/ Smoked Cumin Dip instructions
- Mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, cumin, lime, paprika, white pepper, and salt..
- Set up a 3 step breading station for the tomatillos. Flour in the first bowl, egg wash in the second, and panko in the third. Set up a wire rack to hold the tomatillos to the right of bowl #3..
- Use your left hand as your "dry hand" and your right hand as your "wet" hand. Dip the tomatillos in the flour with your left hand, egg wash with your right, and panko with your left. Use your left hand to set on the wire rack. Double bread each tomatillo..
- Heat oil to 350° using a deep fry thermometer. Fry on each side 1-2 minutes or until golden and crispy. Season with salt immediately upon removing tomatillos from oil..
- Variations; Caramelized onions, yogurt, dill, guacamole, avocado, jicama, mint, olive oil, pumpkin seeds, scallions, tomatoes, cream cheese.
It's a tart green fruit that's sometimes confused with an unripe green tomato, wrapped in a crinkly husk. Use them as the base for a green shakshuka, embrace breakfast nachos and enchiladas, or simply use your favorite tomatillo dip as a spread for breakfast sandwiches. Tomatillos are a colorful addition to everyone's favorite Mexican-inspired dip. Add the cumin and garlic as others recommended. This is a delicious and seriously fresh dip.