You can have Pasta Carbonara using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pasta Carbonara
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 150 grams of Pancetta, sliced.
- It’s 500 grams of Tagliatelle pasta.
- You need 6 of Egg yolks.
- It’s 150 ml of Pure cream or creme fraîche.
- Prepare 30 grams of Butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Chopped parsley.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Grated Parmesan.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Australian vintage (or any strong/bitey) cheese.
- It’s 1 of Cracked black pepper to taste.
Pasta Carbonara step by step
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry pancetta until crisp..
- Meanwhile- cook pasta in salted water. Strain and set aside..
- Add the parsley and butter to pancetta. Then add the pasta and cheeses. Toss to combine..
- In a bowl, whisk cream and egg yolk. Remove pan from heat before pouring over pasta..
- Toss again- sauce will thicken when cooked by heat of pasta. Season and serve with a little extra grated Parmesan..
- Very simple, classic pasta dish that is an absolute ripper. Some mushrooms could have worked in this dish too I think. Enjoy!.