Croissants. Borrowed from French croissant ("crescent"), present participle of croître ("to grow"). Doublet of crescent. (UK) IPA(key): /ˈk(ɹ)wæsɒ̃/, /ˈk(ɹ)wʌsɒ̃/, /ˈk(ɹ)wɑːsɒ̃/. (US) IPA(key): /kɹəˈsɑnt/, /kɹwɑˈsɑ̃/. (US). IPA(key): [kʰɹəˈsɑnt]. (Canada) IPA(key): /kɹəˈsɑnt/, /kɹwɑˈsɑ̃/, /kxwəˈsɑ̃(t)/. (Canada). 🎦 Croissant.
A croissant is a type of pastry, classically made with puff pastry dough so that it is light, flaky, and extremely buttery. Traditionally, croissants are formed into crescent shapes, which is probably where. Croissant definition is – a flaky rich crescent-shaped roll. You can have Croissants using 13 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Croissants
- Prepare 1/2 c. of butter.
- It’s 1/2 c. of milk.
- It’s 1/4 c. of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 packet of yeast (2 1/2 tsp.).
- You need 1 of egg, room temp.
- Prepare 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of Egg yolk and 1/2 tsp. water for brushing croissants.
- It’s of For dessert croissants:.
- It’s of Chocolate of your choice.
- You need of Powdered sugar.
- It’s of Honey or sweet syrup.
- It’s of Sliced almonds.
Examples of croissant in a Sentence. Recent Examples on the Web From the classic bacon, egg and cheese line-up to a more complex. Define croissant. croissant synonyms, croissant pronunciation, croissant translation, English dictionary definition of croissant. n. A rich, crescent-shaped roll of leavened dough or puff pastry.
- Take egg and butter out of the refrigerator. Sit the egg out of the way and allow to warm up slightly. Cut butter into 3 equalish chunks and set aside..
- Place yeast in about 1/4 cup warm water. Allow to soften..
- In a microwave container combine milk, sugar, and salt. Heat enough to dissolve sugar but do not boil, allow to cool to lukewarm..
- After about ten minutes everything should be ready… Egg is warmer, butter is slightly softer and the yeast has softened…..
- In a bowl combine lukewarm milk mixture, softened yeast and room temp egg. Beat for about 30 seconds..
- Add 1 cup of flour and beat for about a minute..
- Add flour 1/2 cup at a time beating on medium speed until the dough starts to ride up the beaters..
- Switch to a rubber spatula and continue adding flour until you have a soft dough..
- Once the dough has started to come together but is still soft and tacky, dump on a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough flour to make a well formed and pliable dough..
- Let the dough rest while you work the butter into flat sheets. I put each chunk on a foil sheet, fold the foil over and using the kitchen hammer gently pound the butter into a layer about 1/4" thick. Place all three foil packs in the freezer..
- Meanwhile roll the dough into a rough rectangle. Turn over and ensure lightly floured. If the dough rips a little that is ok. Once the butter has hardened enough to come off the foil intact (or reasonably intact)it's time to put the layers in your croissants..
- Using one sheet of butter at a time do something like this… Place the butter, fold the dough..
- Place the butter (as you can see I rushed my butter from the foil) fold the dough..
- Last butter and fold. Roll dough and fold in half. Repeat once more..
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for a couple hours or over night..
- When the dough has chilled, roll on a lightly floured surface..
- Cut into 10 or 12 wedges using a pizza cutter..
- I then flatten each wedge a little and place chocolate chips on the widest part of the dough..
- Roll each wedge, with or without chocolate chips, starting from the wide edge. Place on ungreased baking sheet point down and edges slightly curved..
- Cover and allow to rise for 30 to 45 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush each croissant with egg wash (1 yolk and 1/2 tsp. water)..
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes..
- Place on cooling racks, careful these are delicate and flaky..
- If you put chocolate inside you may also choose to drizzle with honey and sprinkle with powdered sugar… Or use honey to hold on sliced almonds or chocolate shavings..
Croissant definition: Croissants are small, sweet bread rolls in the shape of a crescent that are eaten for. A methodical approach and patience are required to master croissants, but they are totally worth the extraordinary effort. Butter, flour, milk and yeast never had it so good! ⬇ Download croissant picture – stock pictures and images in the best photography agency ✔ reasonable prices ✔ millions of high quality and royalty-free stock photos and images. le croissant m, Существительное. croissant / croissants. Croissant definition, a rich, buttery, crescent-shaped roll of leavened dough or puff paste. Easy Croissants: I started making croissants over the past few years.