Potato dauphinois 🍃. This super-speedy potato dauphinoise recipe is a great idea if you're short on time but still want great flavour. Dauphinoise is the French method of baking potatoes in milk, cream, and cheese. In the French region of Dauphiné, every home cook has her own formula for preparing this gratin.
Check the potatoes after half an hour, if the cream looks like it's splitting, your oven is too hot, so turn it down a bit. Potatoes au Gratin is the ultimate potato recipe! This recipe is basically a mixture of mashed potato and choux pastry, deep fried to golden deliciousness. You can have Potato dauphinois 🍃 using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato dauphinois 🍃
- Prepare 1 of kilo potato.
- Prepare 1 of big onion.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 2 of small garlic.
- You need 1 cup of cream.
- You need 1 cup of parmesan.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black Peper.
- You need of Quarter of Nutmeg.
- You need pinch of thyme.
I have been totally addicted to these ever since my first chef job, when I used to make. Place the potatoes in a bowl of cold water to prevent them from browning. Rinse, then pat dry with kitchen paper. Place the cream, milk and garlic in a large saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
Potato dauphinois 🍃 instructions
- Slice your potatoes,carrots and onion combine all of your ingredients in the pot and boil them for 6-7 minutes,, this process is for better and easy cooking.
- Hit your oven for 220c* / 425*f and wait for the potatoes 15 minutes in the oven, until it’s golden brown🎉✨.
- For dressings you can add several types of cheese 🧀 bon a petite 💜.
Recipe for potato gratin dauphinois, a traditional dish from the French Alps made with thinly sliced potatoes baked in a sauce of milk, eggs, cream and garlic and topped with cheese. The gratin Dauphinois (potato gratin) is French specialty from the town of Grenoble and it is made The authentic gratin dauphinois never contains cheese. for optimum result when making it at home it. Peel and rinse potatoes, cut into thin slices. Butter baking dish with softened butter. The ultimate recipe for French scalloped potatoes or Gratin Dauphinois.