Stuffed Apple Streusel.
You can have Stuffed Apple Streusel using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Apple Streusel
- Prepare 5 of large apples (Granny Smith, Joanagold or Honey Crisp).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of kosher sea salt.
- It’s of For the streusel topping.
- You need 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of kosher sea salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
Stuffed Apple Streusel instructions
- Preheat oven 375. Line a small baking sheet or 8×8 pan with parchment paper, foil, or a baking mat and set aside..
- Cut off the tops of 4 apples. Using a knife, core the apples, creating a bowl. Using a spoon, dig out the inside. Peel and cut the remaining apple into 1/4 to 1/2 inch chunks..
- In a medium bowl, combine the apple chunks sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Mix until combined and spoon the filling into the apples.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the cold butter suing a pastry blender until small clumps form (pea size). Sprinkle the streusel over the top..
- Place the apples onto the baking sheet and in the oven 30-40 minute or until the crust is browning and the filling is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Top with vanilla ice cream and caramel, if desired..