Tagliatelle pasta. Tagliatelle (Italian pronunciation: [taʎʎaˈtɛlle]; listen ) and tagliolini (from the Italian tagliare, meaning "to cut") are a traditional type of pasta from the Emilia-Romagna and Marche regions of Italy. There is nothing better than homemade pasta and this Homemade Tagliatelle Pasta has the taste and texture you come to expect. Learn how to make tagliatelle with Filippo's step-by-step recipe.
Tuck into a comforting bowl of tagliatelle for an easy midweek family meal. This long, ribbon-style pasta suits thick sauces such as pork ragu. The great Gennaro Contaldo – Jamie's Italian mentor – shows how to make lovely Tagliatelle shape pasta in an Amalfi lemon grove. You can cook Tagliatelle pasta using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tagliatelle pasta
- Prepare 150 gm of All-purpose flour.
- Prepare 15 gm of Olive oil.
- Prepare 60 ml of Water.
- You need of Note: You can use any flour of your choice.
This pasta became known as tagliatelle! Despite the fact that everybody talks about spaghetti bolognese, traditionally tagliatelle is the pasta of choice for 'bolognese' in Italy. Making pasta is not as difficult as you think and they reward is delicious tender pasta that cooks faster. Homemade tagliatelle pasta keeps well frozen.
Tagliatelle pasta instructions
- Take all-purpose flour on your kitchen counter and make a well in the center. Pour in oil and the water. Start kneading. Note: – Don’t add all the water at once. – Consistently of the dough should be little dry outside..
- Once the dough is ready, cover it with cling wrap and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes..
- Start rolling out the chilled dough until you get 2 mm thickness. Note: – You can dust some All-purpose flour, if required..
- Cut rolled pasta sheet into a rectangle. Roll it from one end to other..
- From the rolled pasta log, cut 1 cm pieces from one end to the other. Let it rest about 15 minutes on the kitchen counter..
- In a pan, heat some water. Add salt, olive oil(1-2 tsp) and freshly made pasta. Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Note: – It’s done when pasta floats on the top of boiling water..
- Transfer the pasta to the serving plate. Add some starch(pasta water) to enhance the flavour and prevent it from sticking to each other..
- For pasta sauce(marinara sauce), I have already shared separate recipe..
Tagliatelle can be plain or green (flavoured with spinach) and is available fresh or dried. Long, thin ribbons of pasta sold either in curled nests or straight, like spaghetti. Tagliatelle hails from the Emilia-Romagna and Marche regions of Italy, where it has been loved for A Tip For New Pasta Makers. Our tagliatelle recipe is made with just flour and eggs, so the type of flour. Free for commercial use No attribution required High quality images.