Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins. Cheddar- and jalapeño-flecked cornbread muffins are all too easy to love. The simple corn muffin is a beautiful thing. You can serve this make-ahead marvel as a side dish and then eat any leftovers for a quick breakfast.
If mixture is too thick, use Very easy, savory cornbread recipe using jiffy cornbread mix. If you don't like too much spice, add. This Jalapeno Cheddar Burger is seriously good – like I want to eat five burgers good. You can cook Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins
- You need 1 lb of macaroni noodles.
- You need 2 C of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 4 T of butter.
- You need 2 T of flour.
- Prepare 2 C of milk.
- Prepare 1 of roasted red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of jalapeños; small dice.
- You need 1 of red onion; small dice.
- Prepare 1 C of sweet corn.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 t of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 t of onion powder.
- You need 1 t of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 t of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 box of Jiffy corn mix.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/3 C of milk.
- Prepare as needed of vegetable oil.
- It’s as needed of olive oil.
- Prepare as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
It's packed with jalapenos, red onion, and cheddar cheese and full of flavor. It's my favorite burger to serve to anyone who claims you can't make a good burger with lean ground meat. These hot and spicy cheddar-pepper muffins are sure to give you a little taste of fire. This spicy cornbread uses fresh jalapenos for heat.
Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins instructions
- Cook noodles until al dente in boiling, salted water. Drain. Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil or melted butter over the noodles..
- Heat a medium sized saucepot with no oil or butter. Add ground beef. Season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder..
- Lay jalapeños and half the onions atop beef. Cook both sides over high heat until browned..
- Add diced tomatoes. Stir. Cook 2 minutes. Add corn and fold in..
- Melt 4 T butter in a seperate saucepot. When butter begins to slightly bubble, add flour slowly while whisking. Cook 1 minute. Add milk while whisking. Continue to whisk and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until mixture reduces slightly..
- Puree roasted bell pepper with a pinch of salt, sugar, and enough olive oil just for a smooth consistency, about a tablespoon..
- Add bell pepper puree and cheese slowly while whisking. Cook 2 minutes..
- Combine cheese sauce, beef, and noodles. Stir together..
- For corn muffins, pour enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of a small saute pan. Add remaining onions and a pinch of salt and sugar. Cook on high heat for 1 minute, then reduce to low heat and cook until caramelized, about 10 minutes. Follow instructions for Jiffy corn muffins and fold in caramelized onions..
- Variations; Bell peppers, poblano, ancho, habanero, bacon, paprika, smoked cumin, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, coriander, zucchini, yellow squash, scallions, chives, spinach, arugula, asiago, fontina, gruyere, parmesean, romano, heavy cream, chihuahua cheese, chili powder, serrano, chipotle, garlic, shallots, pearl onion, piquillo peppers, avocado, coconut, butternut squash.
You can never go wrong with adding Cheddar cheese and crispy bacon. Fresh jalapeño, cheddar cheese, and fresh grape tomatoes are baked right into this Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread making it just the right amount of extraordinary. Today I made a batch of cornbread and stuffed it chock-full of fresh jalapeños, cheddar cheese, and fresh grape tomatoes. I love jalapeno poppers so much so that I've made Jalapeno Popper Dip (a MUST), Jalapeno Popper Beef Taquitos an now these Jalepono Popper Muffins! I then added small chunks of sharp cheddar cheese rather than shreds to create muffins speckled with rich, cheesy pockets throughout.