Maple Bourbon Glazed Sweet Potatoes.
You can cook Maple Bourbon Glazed Sweet Potatoes using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Maple Bourbon Glazed Sweet Potatoes
- Prepare 1 of Peeled Sweet Potato.
- You need 1 tbsp of Bacon Fat.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Unsalted Butter.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Raisins.
- You need 1 dash of Ground Allspice.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Granulated Sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Jim Beam Maple Bourbon.
Maple Bourbon Glazed Sweet Potatoes step by step
- Dice peeled sweet potato into 1/2-inch cubes..
- In a medium skillet, melt bacon fat over medium-low heat. Add cubed sweet potatoes and salt. Place tablespoons of butter on top of sweet potatoes and cover. Cook for 10 minutes..
- Uncover skillet and turn heat to high. Add raisins, allspice, sugar and bourbon..
- Using a striker, lighter, or match, ignite the bourbon in the skillet. This will create a very small flame to burn off the alcohol and should only last 10-15 seconds. BE CAREFUL with nearby flammable items..
- Continue to cook contents of skillet on high for about 2 minutes, or until the sugar/bourbon have tightened to form a glaze..