Ravioli en Brodo "Nonna Style".
You can cook Ravioli en Brodo "Nonna Style" using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ravioli en Brodo "Nonna Style"
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of small yellow or white onion.
- You need 1 of medium peeled carrot.
- It’s 1 of celery stalk.
- It’s 8 cup of chicken stock or broth (I prefer a more golden flavorful stock).
- You need 3 cup of water.
- It’s 26 oz of frozen mini ravioli.
- Prepare 10 oz of frozen chopped spinach defrosted and squeezed dry.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 6 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried parsley.
- It’s 1 of freshly cracked pepper to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
Ravioli en Brodo "Nonna Style" step by step
- Chop onion, celery and carrot very small,almost minced and add to melted butter in a large stock pot. ( I save myself time and run my veggies through a food processor) Cook veggies for 5 min so they start to soften..
- Next, add 8 cups of broth or stock and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil..
- Once it comes to a boil, lower heat to simmer and add frozen ravioli and spinach. Simmer for 20-30 minutes..
- In a medium bowl add eggs, grated cheese and seasoning. Beat well. After 20-30 minutes of simmering add beaten egg mixture and stir for 2 minutes..
- With a slotted spoon add 6-8 mini raviolis to a soup bowl and ladle broth on top. Serve with extra Parmesan cheese in case someone wants more. (I don't add salt to this recipe because the fresh Parmesan cheese is salty enough).