Orange and Almond Muffins with Orange Almond Syrup and a Almond and cranberry topping.
You can have Orange and Almond Muffins with Orange Almond Syrup and a Almond and cranberry topping using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Orange and Almond Muffins with Orange Almond Syrup and a Almond and cranberry topping
- You need 340 grams of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 cup of caster sugar.
- It’s 6 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 large of finely grated orange zest.
- It’s 3/4 cup of ground almonds.
- You need 2 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 300 grams of flour.
- You need 100 ml of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 of freshly squeezed oranges.
- You need 1 of grated zest of orange.
- It’s 1/2 cup of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 2 tbsp of almond essence.
- Prepare 1 of handful of chopped cranberries.
- Prepare 1 of handful of sliced or (finely) chopped almonds.
- It’s 3 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger powder.
Orange and Almond Muffins with Orange Almond Syrup and a Almond and cranberry topping step by step
- Grease muffin trays with baking spray.
- mix butter, sugar and 1 TSB of almond essence with electric mixer until fluffy.
- gradually add eggs, mixing well between each addition.
- add orange zest and mix well.
- add orange juice and olive oil and fold together.
- add ground almonds, baking powder and flour – fold ingredients together.
- (you can also add a few teaspoons of spices; I used 2 tsp of each cinnamon and ginger) :).
- add mixture to baking trays, sprinkle the chopped almonds and cranberries then bake for about 20mins till golden brown and springy.
- let the muffins cool on a wire rack.
- –For the orange syrup–.
- in a saucepan, mix the freshly squeezed juice of 3 oranges, the orange zest, TSB of almond essence, TSB of almond essence and 1/2 cup of sugar and simmer for a few minutes, occasionally stirring.
- stab the muffins a few times with a chopstick or skewer (NOT to the very bottom though) – just so the syrup will sink through more of the muffin.
- pour syrup over muffins :).