Cheddar Broccoli Soup. My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a hunt to create the perfect broccoli cheddar soup. Here is what we came up with. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese.
You're looking for a soup that's rich, comforting, and, duh, full of cheese, but not one that's going to put you to sleep. This soup is stick to your bones good. Perfect on a winter night, yet we crave it year round. You can have Cheddar Broccoli Soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- It’s 4 of small (about 3 1/2 cups) heads of broccoli (chopped).
- Prepare 3 of (about 2 cups) carrots (shredded).
- You need 1 of medium onion (sweet or white).
- Prepare 8 TBS of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 4 C of Chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 4 C of Half n Half.
- You need 1/2 TSP of nutmeg (ground).
- You need to taste of Pepper-add.
- You need to taste of Salt-add.
- It’s to taste of Red pepper (ground or flake)- add.
- You need 4 C of Shredded Sharp Cheddar.
- You need 1 Clove of garlic-chopped (Optional).
- It’s of Bacon Bits or Pieces (For garnish-Optional).
A very good broccoli cheese soup. Note: you can purée half of your soup in a blender or with a handheld immersion blender if you choose however. This seriously satisfying soup is brimming with hearty potatoes, nutritious broccoli and carrots and it's all embodied. A from-scratch, homemade Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe!
Cheddar Broccoli Soup instructions
- Prep all ingredient. Chop broccoli (bite size,each piece should fit on a spoon). Finely chop onion & garlic (if adding). Shred carrots. Measure out flour and liquid ingredients. This will make cooking quicker..
- Start by heating butter in a pot on med-low heat..
- Once butter has melted, add onions and garlic until translucent..
- Add flour,stir. Let flour lightly brown. (If it doesnt brown you will have a very flour-ie taste to your soup)..
- Once flour has browned,add your half n half..
- Let it come to a simmer on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes..
- Add chicken or vegetable broth and stir..
- Now, add carrots & broccoli and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is tender..
- Turn heat to low. Add your seasonings-salt,pepper,red pepper flakes,and nutmeg. Stir..
- Stir in cheese and turn heat off. Let cheese melt and serve!.
This is cozy homemade comfort food at On-demand broccoli soup is kind of a necessity around here, especially while the weather is still. This Broccoli Cheddar Soup is the also a meal prep friendly recipe, so you can make it in a large We wanted to make this broccoli cheddar soup not only delicious but also healthier than the. We love broccoli cheddar soup, and I've yet to find a recipe that is just right. I believe this may be I've been craving broccoli cheddar soup my entire pregnancy too! but my husband doesn't like it, so. This cheddar broccoli soup is a doctored Bear Creek soup mix that is rich and delicious, no one will know it wasn't made from scratch!