You can have Floating Islands using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Floating Islands
- Prepare of GLOATING ISLANDS.
- Prepare of egg whites, at room temperature.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- It’s of cream of tartar.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- You need of salt.
- You need of recipe of my Vanilla Creme Anglaise Sauce, use the egg yolks that you used when seperating the eggs for the whites. The recipe is on my profile.
- It’s of Caramel sauce and chocolate sauce, homemade or store bought for drizzling as needed.
- It’s of Fresh rasberries for a garnish.
Floating Islands instructions
- Preheat oven to 275. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat egg whites and cream of tarter to soft peaks.
- Slowly add sugar and salt beat until it holds firm peaks, add vanilla.
- Place 6 mounds on prepared baking sheets sheet.
- Bake 75 minutes turn off oven keep door closed until oven has cooled, at least 2 hours.
- Cut out each mound keeping parchment on bottoms until ready to use to keep them perfect.
- Store at room temperature in a tight container with parchment paper attached until ready to use. They break easy and this keeps them intact until you need them. They stay crisp a couple of days.
- To assemble, pour some creme anglaise on a platter or in individual dishes. Float meringues on top.
- Drizzle with caramel and chocolate sauces and serve.
- Garnish with rasberries.