Caprese Pasta with Sausage.
You can have Caprese Pasta with Sausage using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caprese Pasta with Sausage
- It’s of Sauce/ topping.
- You need of Garlic and herb chicken sausages or similar (4 links), sliced into thick rounds.
- You need of Garlic, chopped.
- You need of Cherry tomatoes halved.
- It’s of Fresh basil.
- It’s of Mozzarella ball, cubed.
- Prepare of Fresh Parmesan, shaved.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Raw pine nuts, crushed.
- It’s of Pasta.
- It’s of Fusilli pasta.
Caprese Pasta with Sausage instructions
- Heat oil in large pan. Add sausage slices, cook on medium until edges are start to brown, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and continue to cook for a few minutes on medium to low heat..
- Bring water to a boil in large pot while cooking sausages. Follow pasta instructions.
- Once sausage is browned and garlic is soft, add large handfuls of fresh basil leaves. Fill the entire pan, and simmer on med- low heat until basil shrinks..
- Add cherry tomato halves, season with salt and pepper, add crushed pine nuts, continue to cook on med-low heat until tomatoes are warm..
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and set aside.
- Add cubes of mozzarella to the sauce right before taking off the heat. Let sit for 2 minutes or until cheese starts to melt, then toss pasta topping into large pot of pasta. Drizzle more olive oil into pasta. Serve and add desired amount of fresh sliced Parmesan. Great served warm or cold. Enough for 4-6 people.