Bacon Pineapple Onion Rings. Slice string cheese in half and put inside onion rings. Take a strip of bacon and start carefully wrapping around keeping everything in tact. You've gotta try this Bacon Pineapple Cheese Onion Rings Recipe.
I'm not big on pineapple but it really does add a unique flavor when you add something salty to it like bacon. Stir together brown sugar and cayenne pepper on a large shallow plate, then lay bacon on mixture to coat. Wrap doubled up rings with bacon, then set on baking sheet. You can have Bacon Pineapple Onion Rings using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon Pineapple Onion Rings
- Prepare 2 of lg onions.
- You need 5 of mozzarella string cheeses.
- Prepare 1 can of pineapple rings.
- Prepare 1 pk of bacon 1 cup BBQ sauce.
Cut your onion like you are making onion rings. Carefully separate the rings and set aside. Save your best four onions rings. Then open up the packet of bacon and take out one strip and start to wrap the bacon around the onion with the cheese and pineapple.
Bacon Pineapple Onion Rings step by step
- Cut onions into large rings.
- Cut string cheeses in half.
- Place cheese pieces inside onion rings around inner edge.
- Top with a pineapple ring.
- Carefully wrap around each one until they are completely covered. This is the most challenging part. Be patient ☺.
- Grill on med heat for 15-20 min brushing with BBQ sauce.
- Carefully turning, repeat this until bacon is crispy. Enjoy!!.
Bacon Pineapple Cheese Onion Rings Recipe. If you love the big blooming onion served at Outback Steakhouse, then you'll love this easy recipe! Sweet Vidalia onions breaded and fried crispy! Wrap each onion ring with bacon and secure with a skewer or toothpick. Peel and cut onions into ½-inch rings.