Citrus Fruit Marcona Almond Salad. Take advantage of the end of the winter citrus season by making this pretty party-worthy salad, which is topped with crunchy Marcona almonds. Take advantage of whatever looks best at the farmers' market. The fruits can be combined with the dressing up to two hours in advance and left at cool.
Here's a simple Moroccan Salad with beautiful blood oranges, almonds, olives, fresh mint and a tangy bright Blood Orange Vinaigrette. Add blood oranges to salads, squeeze them into vinaigrettes, margaritas or marinades – or turn them into a luscious marmalade, or beautiful sorbet. Spanish Caesar Salad with Marcona Almonds and White Anchovies. <p>A ubiquitous dish that's fun to riff on, the Caesar salad is always a crowd-pleaser. You can cook Citrus Fruit Marcona Almond Salad using 8 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Citrus Fruit Marcona Almond Salad
- You need 3 cup of mixed baby greens.
- You need 1 each of orange.
- You need 3 each of dates.
- Prepare 1 each of grapefruit.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of pomegtante seeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of parmigiano reggiano cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of almond marcona.
This version from Chef Bobby Flay features some fantastic Spanish ingredients, including sweet and delicate Marcona almonds. Marcona almonds are a type of sweet, gourmet almond from Spain that is very popular in Mediterranean countries. A Marcona almond is far sweeter, moister, and softer than the classic almond variety with a buttery flavor and texture. Marcona almonds from Spain add the crucial crunch to this salad.
Citrus Fruit Marcona Almond Salad step by step
- Used mixed citrus fruit for added color..
- Cut the rind and pith of citrus fruit. (orange).
- Slice 2 thin slices, and put to side..
- Cut rind and pith of citrus fruit. (grapefruit).
- Slice 2 thin slices, and put aside..
- Remove pit from dates..
- Slice each date in half and then again into thin strips..
- Clean pomegranate wedge over bowl of water, break apart and let seeds fall to bottom of bowl..
- Drain. Set aside..
- Thinly slice parmigiano..
- Lay out salad onto serving platter..
- Put salad in large bowl, add salt if desired..
- Pour a very light drizzle around the inside of the bowl..
- Gently toss the leaves to evenly coat..
- Place on plate..
- Add lemon juice if desired..
- Add all ingredients by gently stuffing into the leaves..
You can fry your own blanched almonds in a few tablespoons of olive oil with For the Whole-Citrus Vinaigrette: Use a juice extractor to juice the lemons, orange, and shallot, using the entire fruit. Pour the juices into a small bowl and. In a large bowl, toss together Brussels sprouts, sieved egg whites and yolks, and almonds. The flavor/texture is sort of halfway between regular almonds (blue diamond) and cashews, very buttery. Finally I remembered MY WIFE LOVES MARCONA ALMONDS.