Fresh Tagliatelle Pasta.
You can cook Fresh Tagliatelle Pasta using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fresh Tagliatelle Pasta
- You need 200 g of Plain White Flour or 00 grade pasta flour,.
- You need 2 of medium eggs,.
- It’s of Extra flour for dusting.
- Prepare of Equipment needed:.
- Prepare of Pasta making machine with tagliatelle blade cutter.
- It’s of For cooking:.
- You need of Salt.
Fresh Tagliatelle Pasta step by step
- Take the flour and pile it up in a neat mound upon a clean work surface. Make a well in the centre and crack in the eggs..
- Using a fork beat the eggs together and over the course of 4-5 minutes gently begin to incorporate the flour step by step from the outer edge of the egg into the centre and beat it to combine. Do this until most of the flour is incorporated with the eggs, then you can use your hands for the last bit..
- Now knead the pasta dough vigorously for ten minutes. This is the most labour intensive part. Do this until all the flour is completely gone from the work surface and you have a smooth dough. Use a scraper to pick up any stubborn bits if required. Also whilst kneading add a tiny bit of flour to the work surface of the dough is sticking slightly..
- Once kneaded, it should look something like this..
- Cover it with a layer of cling film. This is to prevent it from drying out. Leave it to sit for 15 minutes to relax the dough out. In the meantime lay out a kitchen towel on a flat surface and take another and dampen it with water and wring it out. This is to lay over the pasta sheets once made to prevent them from drying out..
- Take the rested dough and cut it into two equal parts. Cover one with cling film to keep fresh and flatten the other out into a flat oval shape. Pass it through the pasta machine on setting 0-1. Once through fold the two side edges in towards the centre then pass it through again. Do this around 4 times..
- Put the pasta machine onto setting 2. Pass the pasta through again a couple of times. Then set to number 3, and pass through, and so on, each time moving up a setting until the pasta is thin enough that you can see your fingers through it. I go up to setting 7 out of 9 for tagliatelle..
- Lay the sheet of pasta into the kitchen towel and lay over the slightly damp one on top to keep it from drying out whilst you make the next sheet..
- Repeat the pasta machine process again with the other piece of dough. Lay that sheet with the other under the damp kitchen towel..
- Leave the pasta there whilst you prepare whatever accompanying sauce/meat etc you are having with it. When ready to cook the pasta bring a large salted pan of water to a boil and take each piece of pasta sheet and cut it into to two at the centre. This is so it's easily passed through the machine..
- Pass each sheet through the tagliatelle blade of the machine, when about halfway, hold the ends by draping them over the back of your hand then roll through the rest so you don't get breakages. Dust the tagliatelle with a tiny bit of flour and lay it out flat upon the kitchen towel..
- Add to the boiling salted water and cook for around 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Drain off and serve..