Brad's reverse chili Colorado burritos. Chef Aarón Sánchez shares a recipe straight from his Northern Mexican heritage: his Uncle Mario's famous Chile Colorado. This Instant Pot Chili Colorado features fork-tender chunks of spicy beef in a flour tortilla smothered with enchilada sauce and melty, gooey cheese. Chili Colorado Burritos are loaded with beans, tender beef, cheese and a delicious authentic sauce made from scratch.
Also anyone can create their own. Chili Colorado burritos are loaded with tender beef, beans and cheese and smothered in a homemade enchilada sauce and all your favorite toppings. I could eat Mexican food every day, and this recipe is one of my favorites! You can cook Brad's reverse chili Colorado burritos using 24 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's reverse chili Colorado burritos
- It’s of For the chile Colorado.
- You need 3 lbs of beef stew meat.
- You need 1 1/3 cups of flour.
- You need 2/3 cup of corn flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of each salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder,.
- You need of For the chili Colorado sauce.
- It’s 2 (29 oz) of cans red enchilada sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder,.
- You need 1 of small can green chiles.
- It’s 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of granulated beef bouillon.
- You need Pinch of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare of Toppings and filling.
- Prepare of Prepared black beans.
- You need of Prepared Mexican rice.
- It’s 10 inch of tortillas.
- It’s of Chopped cilantro.
- You need of Avocado.
- Prepare of Shredded pepper jack.
- You need of Chopped onion.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- It’s of Lime wedges.
The beef comes out super tender and the sauce is absolutely delicious. Chef Aarón Sánchez shares a recipe straight from his Northern Mexican heritage: his Uncle Mario's famous Chili Colorado. CREAMY CHILI COLORADO BURRITOS — Traditional chili Colorado gets a creamy twist in this tasty, slow cooked beef burrito recipe. First, as a Colorado resident, I feel obliged to share a bit of a history lesson.
Brad's reverse chili Colorado burritos instructions
- Combine the 2 flours and spices for the Colorado in a large ziplock bag. Shake well to mix..
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add beef to the bag and shake well to coat. Knock off extra flour and fry in batches until browned. Do not overload the pan. When done, add the beef to the pressure cooker..
- Add to the pressure cooker the rest of the ingredients for the sauce. Secure top and pressure cook for 50 minutes. When done season further yo taste..
- When beef is done, toast tortillas in a dry pan. Fill with rice and beans. Roll up. Top with plenty of the chili Colorado and desired toppings. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Chili Colorado is not actually named after the state I live in. Chili Colorado Burritos recipe: I found this recipe on Food Pusher & have made it several times. We think it is a great recipe. I used Philly Steak Meat Pour some of the remaining enchilada sauce from the crockpot over the burrito to cover it. Sprinkle w/some cheddar cheese (or your choice of cheese).