Mandarin Onion Chicken. Easy recipe with chunks of chicken coated in a sweet and salty brown glaze made with orange juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce. This is very similar to the Mandarin chicken served in the malls, except I use white meat chicken. Boneless chicken thighs are what the restaurant uses.
This sweet and sour chicken recipe is outstanding. It is a popular Chinese dish blended with the taste of Filipinos. Learn and cook one at the convenience. You can have Mandarin Onion Chicken using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mandarin Onion Chicken
- It’s 4 of chicken thighs (or your chicken of preference).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 can (11 oz.) of mandarin oranges drained.
- You need 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic minced.
Caramelized onions braise with chicken and broth, all topped with a thick layer of The chicken turns out succulent and tender, and it's nestled into a bed of rich, aromatic onions spiked with tangy mustard. Onion Scallion Chicken – tender and juicy chicken stir-fry with onions and scallions in mouthwatering Chinese brown sauce. Caramelized onions are the shining stars in this French Onion Chicken from Delish.com. In a large bowl, season chicken with salt, pepper and oregano, then toss with flour.
Mandarin Onion Chicken step by step
- Put your chicken on a plate or in a bowl and cover with, soy sauce, lime jucie and dry spices. Let marinate for 10-20 minutes..
- Mean while chop the onion, mince the garlic, open and drain the mandarin oranges..
- Heat a pot large enough to hold your chicken on medium heat.
- When the pan is hot pour some olive oil in and swirl it around..
- Add the chicken and marinating juices to the pot. On top add chopped onion, drained mandarin oranges, and minced garlic..
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes on medium.
- After the 15 minutes, flip chicken and cook for 15 more minutes covered on the other side..
- The mandarin sauce should have thickened and onions and oranges cooked down. Serve with rice or coconut rice (see recipe) and vegetables. Pour extra sauce over chicken and rice 😄.
- I always check my chicken by cutting open a piece, to see if it is cooked all the way..ya know, just in case. The 15 minutes on both sides covered did cook the chicken thighs all the way. 👍.
The Best Chinese Onion Chicken Recipes on Yummly View top rated Mandarin orange chicken red onion butter lettuce recipes with ratings and reviews. Butter Lettuce Salad With Oranges And Red Onion Dressing, Green Salad With Oranges… This mandarin orange chicken is so good, my family fights over it. And once, my daughter's baby sitter, who is a die-hard carnivore, got a taste of it after I'd made it for my daughter. Come try some of the best Dumplings and Noodles in Tulsa, Oklahoma here at Mandarin Taste!