Real Chile Chili.
You can cook Real Chile Chili using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Real Chile Chili
- Prepare of Meat.
- It’s 1-2 lbs of Ground Beef or Pork Shoulder.
- You need of Canned Goods.
- It’s 1 (28 oz) of Can Diced Tomatoes.
- You need 1 (28 oz) of Can Red Beans or Pinto Beans.
- It’s of Herbs, Spices & Oils.
- You need 4 of Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare 1 of Yellow Onion.
- It’s 3 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 1-2 Tablespoon of Cacao Powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Cumin.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Oregano.
- It’s of Chiles.
- It’s 4 of Pasilla Chiles stemmed and seeded.
- It’s 4 of Ancho Chiles stemmed and seeded.
Real Chile Chili instructions
- Put 3 Tablespoons of oil in large pot. Place burner on Medium-High. When hot add Meat, sprinkle on Salt and Pepper. Adjust heat so it sizzles steadily and let cook for 5-10 mins..
- Once the Meat has been cooked add 1 Yellow Onion and cook until it softens and turns golden 3-5 mins..
- Add 4 chopped Garlic Cloves. 1 tablespoon of Cacao powder. 1 teaspoon Cumin. 1teaspoon Oregano. Cook for 1 min.
- Tear chiles into 1 inch peices. Drain and wash beans and then add them along with the Chiles and diced tomatoes to the pot..
- Cover with water and bring to a boil then reduce to steady bubble occassionally stirring the pot until desired consistency is achieved..
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper to taste..
- Optionally serve with white rice, cheese and or sour cream..