Basmati rice with onions and dill. This timeless Basmati rice recipe goes with practically everything and only calls for a handful of herbs and some onion. The side dish for all seasons. Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear; set aside.
With Sweet Onions and Summer Herbs: Ingredients include butter, chopped sweet onions, salt, fresh Italian parsley, fresh dill, fresh tarragon.. Basmati Rice Seasonings Recipes on Yummly Indian Basmati RiceI love my food. You can cook Basmati rice with onions and dill using 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Basmati rice with onions and dill
- Prepare 2-3 cups of Basmati or long grain rice.
- It’s pack of water to cook as per.
- You need pack of some oil and butter or as per directions on.
- Prepare of chopped onion, grated carrot, minced dill.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
Soaking the basmati rice before cooking makes all the difference. Serve with your favorite Indian curry or dal (lentils). Make sure you warn people not to bite This is a savory Indian style rice dish flavored with whole spices and fried onions. Soaking the basmati rice before cooking makes all the difference.
Basmati rice with onions and dill step by step
- Fry onions and carrot,and dill with salt and pepper in some oil, add the rice, add the butter (about 2 table spoons) mix for a few minutes then add the water,let it come to a boil then cover the pan and lower the heat till the rice is fluffy and soft. don't add too much water just enough to cover the rice..
- If after 15 minutes the rice is still hard add a little bit more water, 1/2 a cup.
Learn how to make Basmati rice with pine nuts which is a great recipe to add to any main dish. Meaning it's cooked in stock instead of plain water and usually has added vegetables and/or spices. Typically, onion and garlic are sauteed in olive oil until translucent or even lightly caramelized. Add the onion, dill, and salt. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the onions are tender.