Double Chocolate Mint Torte. Brush red currant jelly mixture over Peppermint extract in the mousse layer? Chopped up pieces of Andes mint candies added to the. This fudgy double chocolate mousse torte topped with sweetened cream and raspberries is decadent, delicious, and surprisingly easy to make!
The sweet and salty pretzel crust is amazing! Present this pretty dessert on a favorite platter, and garnish with fresh mint leaves. I doubled the chocolate, the eggs, the cream and the sugar but not the butter. You can cook Double Chocolate Mint Torte using 20 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Double Chocolate Mint Torte
- Prepare of CAKE.
- Prepare of cake flour.
- You need of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare of cream of tartar.
- You need of granulated sugar, divided use.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- It’s of confectionery sugar for dusting.
- You need of WHIPPED CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT GANACHE FILLING.
- You need of heavy whipping cream.
- You need of semi sweet cbocolate, chopped ( chocolate cnips can be used ).
- It’s of pure peppermint extract.
- Prepare of GLAZE.
- It’s of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare of GARNISH.
- It’s of shaved chocolate mint candy, I used andes mints.
- You need of chocolate mint sprinkles.
- You need of fresh whipped cream and strawberries.
I have the feeling that a whole pack of butter it is a lot of butter for the simple recipe. The water should not be boiling. This flourless chocolate torte is perfect for Passover. It has two doses of chocolate and a layer of crushed almonds for a nice rich dessert.
Double Chocolate Mint Torte step by step
- MAKE WHIPPED PEPPERMINT FILLING, it needs time to chill.
- Have chocolate in a large bowl. Heat cream to a simmer either on stovetop or microwave. Pour hot cream over chocolate, let sit one minute than stir until smooth. Cool 5 minutes then stir in peppermint extract. Chill, uncovered until very cold. At least 2 hours or longer.
- MAKE CAKE.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 15 by 10 inch jelly roll pan with non stick spray. Line pan with parchment paper, spray parchment with non stick spray.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, cocoa,powder, baking powder and salt..
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites, yolks in one large bowl whites in another large bowl. Beat the whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks, slowly add 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Beat egg yolks with remaining 1/2.cup sugar and vanilla until thick and light 2 to 4 minutes. Fold in chocolate/ flour mixture just until combined.
- Fold 1/4 egg white mixture into yolk mixture, then fold on remaining being careful not to deflate but mixing thoroughly.
- Spread batter evenly Into prepared pan. Bake 12 to 14 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean.
- Cool 2 minutes in pan on wire rack. Meanwhile dust a clean kitchen towel lightly with confectioners sugar. Run a small sharp knife around all edges of cake to release and stuck pieces. Invert cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off parchment and cool completely on wire rack.
- When cake is cool.cut into 4 even slices as shown below.
- WHIP CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT FILLING AND ASSEMBLE CAKE, beat cold chocolate peppermint cream just until light and fluffy. Place one of the 4 layers of cake on serving platter and frost with 1/3 of the chocolate peppermint filling.
- Add a second layer of cake and frost with another 1/3 of the chocolate peppermint filling. Add third layer of cake and frost with remaining frosting. Finally add the forth top layer and make chocolate glaze for this layer.
- MAKE GLAZE.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave just until melted, stir until.smooth an pour over cake top.while warm. Decorate while chocolate is still.warm.with the shaved mint candy and sprinkles so they will stick. Refrigerate to set chocolate topping.
- Serve with whipped cream and strawberries.
These double chocolate mint cookies taste just like Thin Mints® but have the texture of chunky chocolate chip cookies. How to make Chocolate Mint Cookies. Begin by combining the flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Pass the cocoa powder through a fine sieve into the. These mint double chocolate cookies are rich, decadent and highly addictive.