Southwestern Onion Rings. Put the rings in a bowl and add the buttermilk to cover the onions. This is from "Taste of Home" also: Southwestern Onion Rings. I've made chicken tenders with the breading too.
Southwestern Tortilla Pizza topped with black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocados, and creamy enchilada sauce. Separate the onion slices into rings, and set aside. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking Breaded onion rings are so hard to find at restaurants now since there are so few old fashioned. You can cook Southwestern Onion Rings using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southwestern Onion Rings
- You need 5 of Vidalia Onions.
- You need 1 liter of Buttermilk.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Flour.
- It’s 4 tsp of Sea Salt.
- You need 4 tsp of Chili Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Cumin.
Homemade onion rings, soaked in buttermilk, coated with flour and cornmeal, and deep fried to a golden crisp. When I was a kid growing up in Los Angeles. An onion ring is a form of appetizer or side dish commonly found in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and some parts of Asia, mainland Europe, and Latin America. These onion rings will pair great with my Air Fryer Cheeseburgers and Air Fryer Homemade French Fries.
Southwestern Onion Rings step by step
- Cut onions into 1/4" slices. Separate into rings. Place in large bowl..
- Cover with buttermilk and soak for 30 minutes, stirring twice.
- In a shallow dish, beat eggs and water. In another shallow bowl, combine all the remaining dry ingredients to set up your dredging station..
- Drain onions, dip in egg mixture then in flour mixture to coat thoroughly. Then repeat for a second time the egg mixture and flour mixture..
- Deep fry for 90 seconds at 375°F. Drain on paper towels..
This is also a recipe you can tailor to your dietary needs. How many carbs are in onion rings. These crispy onion rings are the perfect side dish for a juice hamburger. Craft > Cooking > Garden Greens > Onion Rings. I've been collecting onion ring recipes for a long, long time.