You can have Tagliatelle Bolognese using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tagliatelle Bolognese
- It’s 500 g of Tagliatelle.
- You need 500 g of beef mince.
- Prepare 500 g of pork mince.
- You need 1 of big onion.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- You need 2 of celery sticks.
- It’s 2 cans of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s of White wine.
- It’s 1 of twig of Rosemary.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- You need of Some chicken/veggie stock.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need of Parsley for garnish.
Tagliatelle Bolognese instructions
- In a hot, wide pan/pot add 2 tbsp olive oil and start browning your pork & beef mince on medium/high heat. Break down the mince with a whisk or a wooden spoon. Discard any water/liquid as you want to brown the meat and create a fond on the bottom rather than boiling it..
- Add the onion/carrot/celery, very finely chopped, and sweat them out. Toss in the rosemary, cinnamon and the bay leaves as well. Season with salt & pepper..
- Add white wine and deglaze the pan scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon. Cook all the alcohol out. Then add the tomato puree and cook it out for 1-2 minutes..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stock until it barely covers the mince. Bring it up to a boil, cover with the lid almost completely and turn the heat down. Leave it to shimmer for up to 2 hours, minimum 1..
- After 2 hours, take the rosemary and bay leaves out and leave it uncovered to thicken a bit while you prepare the tagliatelle..
- Cook the tagliatelle 2 minutes less than the instructions. Reserve some pasta water in a cup. When the tagliatelle are ready, toss them in the sauce along with a bit of the pasta water and stir on low heat till the sauce thickens..
- Serve and add chopped parsley for garnish. Or a mountain of grated parmesan like I do!.
- Enjoy 🙂.