Creamy Almond Pudding: Phirni. or until the pudding has thickened to a creamy consistency, turning the heat down a bit towards the end. Turn off the heat and pick out the cardamom pods and discard. Roast the almonds and pistachios lightly over a cast iron griddle pan.
Apart from phirni, rice kheer and seviyan kheer are two similar sweet recipes which are equally popular in. This Almond Phirni Kheer is a delicious Indian dessert recipe that you're going to fall in love with! If you're looking for the perfect ethnic treat, you've hit the jackpot. You can have Creamy Almond Pudding: Phirni using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Almond Pudding: Phirni
- Prepare 1 liter of milk.
- You need 4 tablespoons of basmati rice, soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 5 of saffron threads, soaked in 1 tbsp of water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of rosewater, optional.
- You need 2 teaspoons of ground cardamom, powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of pistachios, sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of almonds, sliced.
I think it's one of the quickest desserts I've ever made. Blend the almond milk and almonds in a Nutribullet or food processor until you get a smooth and creamy consistency. Peach phirni is a delicious creamy eggless pudding. Traditionally phirni is made with rice, milk and sugar.
Creamy Almond Pudding: Phirni step by step
- Drain the rice and place in a blender. Grind into a smooth paste.
- Pour the milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add in sugar, rice, saffron, cardamom and rosewater. Stir constantly over medium heat until the milk becomes thick..
- Remove from heat and pour in serving bowl. Let cool..
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours..
- To serve, garnish with almonds and pistachios..
Adding peach gives a wonderful creamy smooth texture. Shift the phirni to the serving bowl and garnish with almond, and peach slices. Let it sit in refrigerator for few hours. Enjoy Creamy Phirni as a dessert after your scrumptious meal or make it during Ramadan to celebrate the festival. To begin making the Creamy Phirni recipe, drain the soaked rice and add it to a mixer grinder.