Indonesian Corn Fritters. Indonesian corn fritters are made from fresh corn, eggs, shallots, garlic, scallion, celery, all-purpose flour, rice flour, salt, ground white pepper, and ice cold water. Crispy Indonesian corn fritters, known as Perkedel Jagung or Bakwan Jagung. It's the perfect summer snack that tastes delicious and can be made with fresh, frozen or canned corn kernels.
For the fritters: In a large bowl, combine half the corn kernels, garlic, red bell pepper, nutmeg, ground pepper and egg. Indonesian corn fritters are commonly sold by street vendors, who whip up Let's learn how to make Indonesian Corn Fritters! Known in Indonesian as bakwan jagung or perkedel jagung – they're. You can create Indonesian Corn Fritters by using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that:
Ingredients of Indonesian Corn Fritters
- Prepare 400 grams of corn kernels.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 75 grams of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s to taste of ground white/black pepper.
- It’s of Coriander leaves / green onion as needed, finely chopped.
- Prepare of Grind the following into paste :.
- You need 3 of shallots.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
Known as Bakwan Jagung in Indonesia, our version of corn fritters are crisp and crunchy, with a delicious Our Indonesian Pure Vanilla Extract gives the fritters an authentic touch of sweetness. Corn fritters are fried cakes of a dough or batter made of, or containing a featured quantity of, maize (corn). Super easy Indonesian style corn fritters that our family can't stop eating and also tips that I'm sharing to make sure you make good Bakwan Jagung / Perkedel Jagung (Indonesian Corn Fritters). View top rated Corn fritters and indonesian recipes with ratings and reviews.
Indonesian Corn Fritters instructions
- Process the corn in a food processor until half smooth (still able to see some whole kernels, not totally pureed)..
- Transfer to a bowl then add the rest of ingredients. Mix well..
- In a wok or a deep frying pan over high heat, add frying oil to a depth of 1 1/2 to 2 inches. Heat to 350 degrees. Working in batches, scoop up corn mixture 1 tablespoon at a time, and add to hot oil, be careful not to crowd pan..
- Fry until golden brown, 1.5 to 2.5 minutes a side. Drain and place on paper towels..
Corn Fritters with Black Bean and Orange Salsa, Corn, Bacon And Red Pepper Kebabs With Romano Lime… Indonesian Corn Fritters. Yummy corn flavour with a little kick. Bakwan Jagung Indonesian Corn Fritters – Crispy little morsels perfect when paired with sweet chilli sauce. Take care when pan-frying the fritters, because the corn kernels often pop in the hot oil. It's advisable to cover the pan with a mesh splatter screen.