Spicy Turkey (or chicken) Orzo Soup.
You can cook Spicy Turkey (or chicken) Orzo Soup by using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you create that:
Ingredients of Spicy Turkey (or chicken) Orzo Soup
- It’s 2 cups of chopped cooked turkey or chicken.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 1 of jalepeno minced.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon pepper salt/seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of fresh sprig rosemary.
- Prepare 1 of fresh sprig thyme.
- Prepare 2 of fresh sage leaves.
- You need 6 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 3 stalks of celery, diced.
- It’s 2 of large carrots, diced.
- You need 1 cup of broccoli florettes, roughly chopped.
- It’s 3/4 cup of orzo pasta (or any small pasta).
- It’s 2 tsp of olive oil.
Spicy Turkey (or chicken) Orzo Soup step by step
- Heat olive oil in pot, add onion and garlic and sautee until onions translucent..
- Add carrots and stir 3 min, add your whole fresh herbs and salt and pepper (You can pick herbs out later when theyre whole).
- Add your diced turkey or chicken..
- Pour in your chicken broth and drop in your celery. Let cook for 8min.
- Stir in your pasta (Tip: if you're family isnt large enough to finish this soup in one night,cook the pasta seperate and add it to the bowl and ladle this soup on top to prevent mushy pasta when reheating).
- Cook the pasta until al dente and stir in your broccoli in the last 5 minn cooking time to ensure they're crisp and green! (Or you can cook the broccoli with your pasta and add to bowl when serving).