Chinese-style Fried Rice.
You can cook Chinese-style Fried Rice by using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is what you need to do to achieve that:
Ingredients of Chinese-style Fried Rice
- You need of vegetable oil.
- It’s of sesame oil.
- Prepare of garlic.
- It’s of ginger.
- Prepare of chilli (or chilli flakes).
- Prepare of mini sweet peppers.
- It’s of cabbage.
- Prepare of carrots.
- It’s of eggs.
- You need of cooked rice.
- You need of soy sauce.
- Prepare of chives.
Chinese-style Fried Rice instructions
- Boil rice and set aside (this is a great way to use leftover rice. You can also cook it the day before, it's best if it's chilled a bit). Grate garlic and ginger (amount of all ingredients can be increased or reduced to taste – I used 6 cloves and about an inch of ginger). Cut up chillies and sweet peppers into small strips. Julienne the carrots and cut up cabbage into thin strips about 2 inches long. Cut up chives. Set ingredients aside..
- Whisk up the eggs in a bowl. Add oil to frying pan and pour in eggs. Allow to cook until just done, flip and remove. Cut up the pancake-like egg into thin 2-inch strips and set aside..
- Add vegetable and sesame oils (about half and half ratio) to pan. Sauté garlic, ginger and chillies for about 3 minutes on medium heat, until fragrant..
- Add cabbage, carrots and sweet peppers (or any other desired vegetables). Add more sesame oil if needed. Sauté until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Stir as needed..
- Add the cooked rice and stir to incorporate. Add soy sauce to taste, until the rice is a medium brown (I used about 50ml). Let it fry for about 2 minutes..
- Add eggs and chives. Stir to incorporate. At this point, you can add salt and pepper to taste (I also added sriracha sauce). Turn off heat. Can be served immediately, but it's also good for later as the flavours will mingle. Enjoy!.