Lemon olive oil cake.
You can have Lemon olive oil cake using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon olive oil cake
- Prepare of eggs separated discarding one white.
- You need of sugar divided.
- You need of lemons zest and juice.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of EVOO.
- Prepare of a/p flour.
Lemon olive oil cake instructions
- Heat oven to 350° in a large bowl whisk together yokes and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Whisking until thick and pale yellow then add lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and olive oil. Whisk to combine. Gently STIR in flour until just incorporated..
- In a medium bowl beat whites until starting to thicken then slowly add in 1/4 cup sugar. Beat on medium until soft peaks. Then GENTLY fold in egg whites into the yoke mixture until just combined..
- Pour batter into a nonstick sprayed & parchment lined 9 inch spring form pan. Bake for 35 minutes until golden. Cake tester should come out clean. Let it cool in pan at least 1 hour before removing from pan to slice and devour!!!.