Italian Roasted Long Hots and Garlic. Italian long hots, otherwise known as Mesilla peppers, are easy to grow and easy to cook. My favorite way to use these is to top sandwiches with them! Italian long hots – but what kind of pepper are they anyway?
Roasted Long Hots in Garlic Oil – One of the best sandwich toppings ever is Roasted Long Hot Peppers. If you like a bit of spice on your sandwich, nothing can beat em. Nothing except Long Hots shallow fried in olive oil and garlic. You can have Italian Roasted Long Hots and Garlic using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Roasted Long Hots and Garlic
- Prepare 10 of fresh long hot peppers.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 10 of gloves garlic.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- You need of Provolone cheese.
- You need of Fresh Italian bread.
- You need of Good quality olive oil for drizzling.
The added benefit of essentially confitting your peppers in garlic. A common accessory in homemade Italian comfort cooking, Italian Long Hots are generally fried while still green, or roasted with olive oil, garlic and salt and served whole, skin and seeds intact. Because they vary so much in spiciness, they are the Russian roulette of peppers. How hot is this one going to.
Italian Roasted Long Hots and Garlic step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over peppers and whole garlic gloves.
- Place on pan and bake until peppers blister and are almost black in color. About 25-30min.
- To serve, drizzle olive oil over slice of fresh Italian bread, then spread roasted garlic over bread and top with a pepper and a slice of provolone..
Roasted Long Hots are awesome as sandwich toppings along with homemade Garlic Aioli. Long Hot Peppers Recipes on Yummly Hot Pepper Blackened Wings, Grandma Grumney's Canned Italian Hot Pepper Rings, Aglio Honey Roasted Hot Pepper Hot SauceChili Pepper Madness. sugar, ginger, salt, garlic, pork, hot peppers, soy sauce. Scrambled Egg Bruschetta with Hot Pepper. Italian tomato, garlic and basil soup Pappa al Pomodoro in metal bowl with bread on rustic wooden board over light blue Italian roasted tomato and garlic soup with bread, basil, parmesan Roasted tomato soup with fresh basil.