You can have Pancakes: Plain using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pancakes: Plain
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ganulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt (or a good few cranks of your salt grinder).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of milk (soy or almond is fine).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of melted butter or oil (cannola or vegetable, preferably).
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, or 2 medium eggs, or 3 small eggs.
Pancakes: Plain instructions
- If you don't have a type of milk in your fridge, you can substitute it with a fourth or third the amount of creamer (depending on how sweet you like your pancakes, I like mine sweeter so I use a third), and the rest with water. For 1 1/2 cups milk, that'd be about 1/3 creamer and 3/4 cup water, with some adjustment to your own taste..
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, crack the eggs (check for shell flakes! They taste awful), and add the oil, milk, vanilla, and whisk well..
- Add the salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar, and whisk well again..
- Finally, add the flour in 2 parts as you whisk, and make sure there are no lumps but don't mix past "no lumps", or the pancakes can come out stiff or too chewy..
- Put a bit of oil in a pan and turn the burner to medium low for a power burner and medium for a regular, and when its hot enough that the oil is steaming, ladle out your pancakes. (big might require a few ladles, small ones will require only one).
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles start popping on the surface, and then flip them over, and cook until lightly browned, or you can squish them with the spatula and no raw batter squirts out..
- Plate them up and eat..