Chilli Con Carne. This easy chilli con carne recipe is a quick and classic sharing option for a casual night with friends. Find out how to make it at BBC Good Food. Chili con carne, meaning 'chili with meat', is a spicy stew containing chili peppers (sometimes in the form of chili powder), meat (usually beef).
All Reviews for Award Winning Chili Con Carne. You saved Award Winning Chili Con Carne to your Favorites. Chilli con carne is an all-time favourite party dish that's incredibly easy to make, served here with a little grated chocolate for a bit of Mexican authenticity. You can cook Chilli Con Carne using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chilli Con Carne
- It’s 425 g of kidney beans.
- You need 425 g of chick peas.
- You need 800 g of peeled Italian tomatoes.
- You need 300 g of minced beef.
- It’s 200 g of sirloin steak.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1 of garlic.
- You need 200 g of beef broth.
- It’s of Cumin.
- You need of Paprika.
- You need of Cayenne pepper.
This easy chilli con carne recipe has loads of flavour but uses mainly store cupboard ingredients. Serve with rice, on jacket potatoes or nachos. "Chili con Carne". Three little words that describe such a wonderful meal. It literally translates from Spanish to "Chili with Meat", and as generic as that sounds.
Chilli Con Carne instructions
- Cut sirloin steak into 1 inch cubes and cry them to medium rare. Then take them out..
- Using the same pan put in the diced onion, carrot, red bell pepper and garlic in the same pot used to cook the steak for 5 minutes..
- Add the minced beef and cook till brown (around 5 minutes).
- Add cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste. Stir and mix for 5 minutes.
- Add the peeled Italian tomatoes and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add both the kidney beans, chick peas, bay leaf and the beef broth for 15-30 minutes.
- Serve with steak cubes, avocado, and sour cream.
Come home to a warming bowl of this Chili. This hearty chili has just the right level of spice. One bite and you'll see why it's Betty's Best! Basic Chili Con Carne With Beef and Beans. Click Play to See This Chili con Carne Recipe Come Together.