Pizza shortbread. Be the first to review this recipe. Who says shortbread has to be sweet and only available at Christmas? Brown Sugar Shortbread Pizza Cookie: Prepare as directed, except substitute packed brown sugar for the granulated sugar.
It's sure to be a new favorite! Scottish shortbread has never been easier to make than with this simple shortbread recipe. These shortbreads are full of sweet, buttery flavour. You can cook Pizza shortbread by using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it:
Ingredients of Pizza shortbread
- It’s 2 cups of or 500 ml all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of margarine or 250 ml (you can also use butter).
- You need of l1/2 cup or 125 ml grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of or 30 ml finely chopped pimiento.
- It’s 1 tsp of or 5 ml dried oregano.
- It’s 1 ml of salt.
- It’s Pinch of garlic.
- It’s 1 ml of pepper flakes.
- You need 1/4 tsp of or 1 ml dried sweet basil.
- It’s of Optional.
- You need of Paprika sprinkle.
So the shortbread needs a touch of vanilla and a little nutmeg. Love this recipe, simple and divine. I have used in a Nordic ware shortbread pan and used it to roll and cut cookies. Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Bars are the grown up version of a HOMEMADE TWIX!
Pizza shortbread step by step
- Combine all ingredients except paprika (flour, butter, cheese, pimiento,oregano, and basil etc) in medium bowl.
- Shape into 2 rolls about 11/2” (3.8cm) in diameter. Cut into 1/4 “ (6mm) slices. I had to use measuring tape and I used Saran Wrap to roll the dough – it was just easier..
- Arrange on ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with paprika. I did not use paprika because my husband has allergies to some types and it causes him to have an upset tummy..
- Bake at 375 f (190 c) oven for about 10 mins. Makes about 46 shortbread cookies.
Buttery shortbread layered with creamy caramel & topped with milk chocolate. Peanut Butter Shortbread Bars are similar to Millionaire's shortbread, only with a rich Made with a buttery shortbread-style crust and crowned with a rich dark chocolate ganache (and a sprinkle of sea. Scottish shortbread is a biscuit to really sink your teeth into. Crumbly, dense and rich, it's made with a generous amount of butter, which gives it its melt-in-the-mouth texture. Shortbread is one of the cookies/treats that I most associate with the holidays.