Quick Sardine Salad with Orange Vinaigrette & Capers for 2.
You can have Quick Sardine Salad with Orange Vinaigrette & Capers for 2 using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Sardine Salad with Orange Vinaigrette & Capers for 2
- Prepare of (1) 5 oz. packet of spring mix or baby arugula.
- Prepare 12-16 of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, julienned or shredded.
- You need 1/4 of of a small mild/sweet onion, very thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of medium orange of a sweet variety (like Navel or Valencia).
- Prepare 1.5-2 Tablespoons of vinegar (I used red wine today, but distilled white, white wine, or sherry vinegar would all work fine.).
- It’s of fresh cracked black pepper.
- You need 1/4-1/3 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1.5-2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 of small can of sardines in olive oil (My can was 4.375 oz, but they vary.).
- It’s of capers in vinegar.
Quick Sardine Salad with Orange Vinaigrette & Capers for 2 instructions
- Put salad greens, onions, tomatoes, and carrots in a large mixing bowl..
- Add freshly cracked pepper to taste, salt (start on the lower end of the measurements), and squeeze in the juice of the orange. Tip: Rolling the orange with firm pressure right before squeezing will break the pulp and release more juice..
- Drizzle in olive oil (start with 1.5 Tablespoons) and vinegar (start with 1.5 Tablespoons) and toss thoroughly. Adjust seasoning as desired..
- Divide the dressed salad mixture over two plates and top each with half of the canned fish and capers to taste. I like to add a little extra cracked pepper here. 😉 Enjoy!.