You can cook Quinoa Chili using 20 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quinoa Chili
- Prepare of For the quinoa:.
- You need 1/2 cup of uncooked quinoa, rinsed well and drained.
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted vegetable broth or water.
- It’s of For the chili:.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 can (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted kidney beans, rinsed and drained.
- You need 2 cups of unsalted vegetable broth or water.
- It’s 2 of medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 3/4 cup of frozen corn.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of each ground cumin, brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each salt, onion powder, garlic powder,.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each chipotle chili powder, smoked paprika.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each pepper, dried oregano.
Quinoa Chili instructions
- Quinoa: In a small saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, set the broth to boil over high heat. Once it's boiling, stir in the quinoa, place the lid on, lower the heat to medium-low and let it cook for 15 minutes. After times up, turn off the heat, but leave the lid on for another 5 minutes. Then fluff the quinoa with a fork and set it aside..
- Chili: In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onion and pepper with a pinch of salt. Cook until they've softened up a bit, about 5 minutes, then stir in the garlic and cook for another minute or so more, until fragrant. Then stir in the broth, canned tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings. Increase the heat to medium-high..
- Once it starts to come to a low boil, add in the beans and sweet potatoes. Let this simmer until the sweet potatoes are tender, which will depend on how big you diced them. Once they are tender, remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cooked quinoa and the corn. Serve with whatever toppings sound good..