Corn bread. Cornbread is any quick bread containing cornmeal, and a Native American cuisine. They are usually leavened by baking powder. This savory cornbread recipe, or "Southern Cornbread," will teach you how to make cornbread with bacon drippings and then bake in a hot iron skillet.
Also get sweet, jalapeno, and gluten-free cornbread recipes. Tender, moist, golden, great corn flavor. This cornbread is a rare compromise between Southern and Northern cornbreads: it's "just right," as far as the amount of sugar. You can have Corn bread using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Corn bread
- You need 1 cup of fine ground corn meal.
- You need 1 cup of AP flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of oil.
- You need 1 cup of milk (I use almond).
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, wisked.
- You need 1 of jalapeño pepper, finely diced (optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (optional).
Just the best vegan cornbread, perfect for serving with chili. It's wonderfully moist, perfectly sweet and only requires one bowl! Cornbread pudding is both a corn pudding and spoon bread, so it's sure to please. The recipe balances out the two favorite Southern side dishes, resulting in a dish that's neither.
Corn bread step by step
- Preheat oven 425°.
- Grease 8×8 pan.
- Combine dry ingredients (including jalapeño and cheese).
- In separate bowl, combine liquid ingredients.
- Slowly add dry to wet.
- Mix until just combine. Do not over mix..
- Bake 20-30 minutes, until golden and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cut after cooled.
Cornbread, as it turns out, wears many hats: essential barbecue side, thing-that-makes-chili-worth-eating, cultural mainstay, even dessert when it has to be. This cornbread recipe also goes great with eggs for breakfast! While this glass pie dish is my favorite dish to bake my cornbread in, you can use just about any baking dish. Home > Bread Recipes > Corn Bread Recipes. Corn bread is the generic name for quick breads This recipe for veggie cornbread is from Rod in Dallas.