Lamb with rice and nuts – ouzet ghanam. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan Lift the lamb into the middle. Arrange the dried fruit around it, then scatter the nuts and mint over the. Ground Beef can be used but there is nothing like Lamb meat.
Peshwari Lamb Kebab Recipe – Great British Chefs. This dazzling lamb kebab recipe marinates lamb chops with papaya, garlic, ground chilli, fennel and cream. Alfred Prasad's recipe is simple to make at home. You can have Lamb with rice and nuts – ouzet ghanam using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lamb with rice and nuts – ouzet ghanam
- You need 1 kg of lamb, cut into large pieces.
- You need 600 g of ground beef.
- It’s 3 cups of Italian rice.
- You need 1 of onion, peeled.
- You need 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 5 of cardamom pods.
- It’s 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of black pepper.
- You need of – For the sauce:.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of flour.
- It’s 100 g of butter.
- Prepare 2 of beef broth cubes.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of For garnishing:.
- You need 150 g of pine nuts, fried.
- You need 150 g of almonds, fried.
- You need 150 g of cashew nuts, fried.
Lamb with rice and yoghurt doesn't immediately appeal, but it turned out to be very good indeed, the same sort of dish as moussaka. Stir in the rice, and season with salt and pepper. Melt the remaining butter in a small saucepan, add. Shredded lamb loaded with classic Middle Eastern flavours, pan fried to golden perfection and served with a chickpea rice pilaf.
Lamb with rice and nuts – ouzet ghanam step by step
- In a cooking pot, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a cooking pot. Fry in the meat cubes for 5 min..
- Add 4 cups water and the peeled onion, cardamom, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves and some salt and pepper..
- Close the cooking pot and leave on medium heat until the meat is well cooked..
- Turn off the heat, remove the meat pieces and keep them warm until serving. Strain the meat broth and reserve the broth..
- In a deep pan, fry the minced meat in the rest of the vegetable oil and keep on cooking until meat starts changing colors..
- Add the rice, some cinnamon, black pepper and salt. Toss and fry for 2 min, then add 3 cups of water and the meat broth. Cover and let it simmer for 25 min or until rice is well cooked..
- To prepare the sauce, melt the butter in a sauce pan. Add the flour gradually, while stirring. Then add in the beef broth cubes, cinnamon, black pepper and some salt to taste..
- Add 2 cups of water and keep the sauce over low heat until it boils and thickens..
- For serving, put the rice in a big serving dish, top with the lamb pieces cut in slices and garnish with the fried pine nuts, almonds and cashew nuts..
- Pour the sauce in a deep bowl and serve it beside the lamb and rice..
Lamb is probably the most popular protein in Middle Eastern cuisine. The aromatic spices of the Middle East pair perfectly with the strong flavours of lamb. Indian lamb korma and rice Indian Lamb Koftas and Pilau Rice Biryani rice Vegetable biryani. Indian basmati rice, curry vegetables and spices. Photo Image Biryani rice Woman eating coconut rice in the bowl of coconut shell.