Cumin Baked Sweet Potato w/ Ancho Crema. Sprinkle each half with ground cumin, then wrap each half in aluminium foil. Meanwhile, mix together the yoghurt and the mint in a bowl and season generously. To serve, open the sweet potato foil parcels.
Sweet potatoes can easily become a dessert when paired with sweet ingredients like cinnamon, sugar, marshmallows, or candied pecans, but can also deliver a savory attitude when paired with items such as bacon, chorizo, spinach. Plus, these baked sweet potato recipes are perfect for meal prep during the week. Toss sweet potato in cumin, chilli and sumac, then oven bake with lemon and garlic for chunky chips which are crispy yet fluffy. You can cook Cumin Baked Sweet Potato w/ Ancho Crema using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cumin Baked Sweet Potato w/ Ancho Crema
- You need 2 of sweet potatoes.
- It’s of peanut oil; as needed.
- You need 1/2 t of cumin.
- You need 1/4 t of smoked paprika.
- It’s 2 T of butter; room temp.
- Prepare 1/4 C of sour cream.
- You need 1 t of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 t of honey.
- It’s 1/2 t of ancho chile powder.
- You need 1 of small orange; zested.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cilantro; chiffonade.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
Spoon into a large bowl and stir in the lemon zest and juice, and the oil. Add the potatoes and toss together. Did you know baked potatoes can last up to five days in the fridge? The ancho chili marinade, spiked with lime, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce, would taste great on.
Cumin Baked Sweet Potato w/ Ancho Crema step by step
- Coat potatoes in peanut oil. Wrap in tin foil and bake at 350° for approximately 35 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a paring knife..
- Combine cumin and smoked paprika together in a small bowl. Use a small sifter or mesh strainer if possible while seasoning potatoes to avoid splotches..
- Combine sour cream, brown sugar, honey, and ancho chile together in a mixing bowl. Add a tiny pinch of salt. Whisk..
- Cut potatoes lengthwise to open. Spread 1 T of butter for each potato. Season with cumin mixture and a pinch of salt. Garnish with ancho crema, orange zest, and cilantro..
- Variations; Ground jalapeño powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, allspice, pumpkin pie spice, sumac, chile powder, lemon, lime, pineapple, agave,.
Sweet potatoes need a longer roasting time than onions and peppers, so they need a head start and are roasted on their own first. The same cumin and smoked paprika oil that coats the sweet potatoes is also used to season the onions and bell peppers, which are added to the baking sheet later. A perfectly Baked Sweet Potato is easier than you think! Learn how to bake sweet potatoes easily and quickly with my foolproof method! Sweet and fluffy on the inside with a crispy skin, these baked sweet potatoes make the perfect side dish for every occasion.