Vegetarian bolognese. Vegetarian Bolognese (Quick & Easy!) This post may contain affiliate links. Categories: Vegetarian European Recipes Italian Pasta Recipes Mushroom Tomato Carrot Recipes Side Dish Main Dish. Brilliant with spaghetti or in a lasagne.
This vegetarian bolognese recipe is made with mushrooms, carrots, celery, garlic, and onion. A delicious meatless vegetarian "meat" sauce recipe that even meat lovers will enjoy! Plant-based dinners don't have to mean obscure ingredients and wacky techniques. You can cook Vegetarian bolognese using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian bolognese
- It’s 4 medium of carrots.
- It’s 3 stick of celery.
- You need 2 medium of onions.
- Prepare 15 medium of mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 medium of tomatoes chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- You need 500 grams of passata.
- You need 10 of fresh basil leaves.
- It’s 2 tsp of mixed Italian herbs.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare 6 of rings dried tagliatelle.
- Prepare 1 of grated cheese.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
The key to success is using familiar, versatile ingredients and building flavors. Vegetarian Bolognese – a twist on classic Bolognese. This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Vegetarian bolognese instructions
- Grate the carrots.
- Finely chop onion and celery and mix with carrots and level teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Fry mix in a little olive oil untill 70% cooked.
- Fry mushrooms in a little olive oil (vegetable oil will do).
- Mix chopped tomatoes, puree, and level teaspoon garlic powder with a little hot water.
- Add mix to mushrooms.
- Add mixed herbs and mix together.
- Add veg mix.
- Add passata and mix and simmer for 2 hours minimum, add water as needed.
- After 2 hours add choped basil leaves simmer for 1 hour.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil pasta and when 75% cooked add to mix.
- Mix and simmer for 5 mins stirring regularly.
- Serve with grated cheese of choice and garlic bread, or in this case cheese and pear soda bread..
This vegetarian bolognese is proper comfort food, it's tasty, rich and full of flavour. Can I freeze this Vegetarian Bolognese? Remove the bay leaves and thyme then. This Hearty Vegetarian Bolognese won me over at first bite – it is the perfect balance of meaty and saucy. A hearty and healthy Vegetarian Bolognese that comes together in a cinch.