Sig's Smoked Mackerel Salad. This recipe for smoked mackerel salad is healthy, super delicious and very easy to make. In Denmark the official recommendation from the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and We normally eat this smoked mackerel salad together with some fresh rye bread or our healthy and very delicious stone age bread. This mackerel and beetroot salad with horseradish is an easy salad recipe for the family.
Its nutritional benefits multiply as it contains apple, cucumber and avocado – a super healthy combination of foods. This smoked mackerel salad combines rich and tasty fish with fresh asparagus and new potatoes, with a punchy mustard dressing. The kick from the mustard pairs really well with the mackerel as it cuts through the richness of the oily fish. You can cook Sig's Smoked Mackerel Salad using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sig's Smoked Mackerel Salad
- Prepare 4 of to 6 smoked mackerel (oak smoked are best) filets, depending on size , skin removed.
- Prepare 125 grams of tagliatelle, cooked.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt substitute or salt for boiling pasta.
- It’s 1/2 of vegetable stock cube for boiling pasta.
- Prepare 1 tsp of horseradish.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic puree.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sundried tomato puree.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of frozen broccoli cut into tiny florets.
- You need 2 tbsp of frozen petite pois (smallest peas).
- You need 6 of pieces sundried tomatoes in olive oil. Reserve tablespoon of the oil.
- You need 1 small of jar or can of white asparagus tips drained, gently dry roasted until just browning in griddle pan.
Smoked mackerel and giant couscous salad. For more summer salads visit Goodhousekeeping.co.uk. Smoked Mackerel With Simple Salad and Bruschetta. This simple smoked mackerel salad with bruschetta is about as simple a way of serving smoked mackerel as it gets.
Sig's Smoked Mackerel Salad step by step
- Skin the filets, break into bite sized pieces, chill in refrigerator..
- Mix the horseradish with garlic puree and then the sundried tomato puree.
- Boil the tagliatelle in salted water to which the stock cube has been added. Either boil as to instructions on packet or to your liking.
- Cut the broccoli into little florets, gently mix with the petite pois.
- Chop the sundried tomatoes.
- dry roast the asparagus in a hot griddle pan until slightly browned..
- I do not recommend using the green variety from a jar as it does not griddle pan well. You may of course use both, green or white cooked from fresh and then griddled..
- When the tagliatelle is cooked add the three table spoons of sundried olive oil to it. Mix in the the combined horseradish, garlic puree and sundried tomato puree.
- Add the broccoli and peas ( petite pois). Gently lift the mackerel under until well combined..
- Top with the griddled asparagus ..
- Eat straight away or leave to chill in refrigerator..
- I have no eaten this with other smoked fish but I should think it works well too ..
Preparation time in total is barely five minutes and is the perfect lunch or even light dinner when time is short or you are tired. Smoked fish and earthy grilled broccoli are offset by a sharp, spicy-sweet dressing. Insalata di sgombro affumicato Smoked mackerel salad works great with bread, beer or white wine as a light summer lunch. Along the coast of Sicily local fishers produce smoked mackerel, and as oily fish come with a health recommendation, I try to prepare some. Smoked Mackerel Salad Recipe in English is an easy and traditional cooking recipe to prepare at home.